Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Return Address Labels: What to do with them

I got got a mailer today from the SPCA asking for money. It came with a sheet of address labels with cute pets on them and a donation sheet. This isn't unusual, I get maybe 2 - 4 of these a month from various businesses or charities. For the most part I don't donate to these anymore. I did one time and OH MY GOODNESS, I now can not go a day without getting mail from them soliciting MORE money from me! I appreciate the mailing labels; I have enough I will never be able to use them all. The businesses could stop mailing me stuff, save the money they spend on mailers and just use it for the cause. All that junk mail is such a waste!

So what do you DO with all these labels? Here are a few ideas.

  1. Keep a sheet in your purse or wallet. When someone asks you for your address or you want to be added to a mailing list, give them a label. It is quick and prevents them from writing it down wrong. Saves time and money!
  2. I keep a sheet at the office in case I need to mail something quickly, then I don't have to waste time writing out the address.
  3. To save time, I stick these to envelopes in bulk rather than one at a time. Then I don't have to go rummaging around looking for the label.
  4. They make great name plates for easy returns for things you loan out, books, cd, movies, etc.
  5. Got kids? Send the labels with them when they go away so they can mail letters back home.
  6. Add labels to kids stuff they take to school in case it gets lost.
  7. Going to a potluck? Stick a label on the bottom of the dish to remind people which one is yours.
How do you use your labels?

- Comfy Crafter

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love this! Thanks CC. Great ideas. I have a ton too. I store them and when I do use them I send a check with a note asking not to send anymore labels please. Sometimes it works. Sometimes, not so much!!